Video: 13 people perish in KZN taxi accident
13 people have died after a Taxi crashed between Ulundi and Melmoth in KZN.
The taxi was coming from Nongoma to Durban but crashed just before Mthonjaneni between Melmoth and Ulundi.
A newly born baby has been identified as one of the deceased due to a collision R66 highway Wednesday.
According to police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbele, said the accident was caused by a collision of a taxi and the truck.
“The minibus taxi burst into flames and 13 people have been declared dead.”
The police are still at the scene, with traffic congestion going as long as 5 kilometres along R66.
Robert Mckenzie of EMRS revealed that among the 13 people declared dead at the scene is a newly born baby in the KZN taxi accident.
A taxi crash caused the death of 13 family members in Kilmun, between Underberg and Bulwer earlier this month.
A 2-year-old died as the taxi rolled along several times as the driver lost control of the vehicle.
The family of the deceased organised a mass funeral that was attended by MEC for Transport, Community Safety and Liaison Bheki Ntuli.
Ntuli spoke about the government’s commitment to reduce road accidents.
Watch video taken from the R66 accident scene.
Read More: Boniswa back on Scandal
Read More: Naak MusiQ Twitter account hacked
- Jane Darling Biography, Adult films, Age, Net Worth, Contacts, Address
- Angelo Agrizzi Health Latest: Former Bosasa COO Now In ICU
- King Goodwill Zwelithini’s brother Prince Mandla Zulu dies
- Beyoncé’s mother Tina Knowles pays tribute to Mary Twala
- In Pictures: Miss South Africa 2020 Top 10 contestants announced
- Video: Thami Ndlala proposes Lerato Kganyago again on her birthday
- 56-year-old teacher Cecilia Siamisang murdered in Ganyesa, Vryburg
- UIF covid-19 payments extended to August
- Zindzi’s deployment to Liberia was punishment for land reform drive, says Niece
- We remember terrorist Mandela’s victims, white farmers refuse to celebrate Mandela day
Video: 13 people perish in KZN taxi crash