Bongani Gumede is a veteran South African actor who currently plays the role of Pastor Duma on BET’s Isono. He is also a renowned stage performer and dialogue coach. Television viewers identify him as Oupa Dube from the SABC1 drama series Mzansi. Others recognise him Ntuli from the SABC3 drama, The Lab. Let’s learn about the actor we all love to hate through his biography.
Which productions have Bongani Gumede featured in?
Bongani has been in the showbiz industry for many years. Some of his appearances are listed below;
- Isono Season 1 as Pastor Duma
- 90 Plein Street Season 3 as Chief Whip
- Boo & TT Season 1 as Ezekiel
- Zone 14 Season 2
- The Lab Seasons 1 and 2
- Yizo yizo Season 3
- Mzansi Season 1 and 2 as Oupa Dube
- Isibaya Season 1 to 7 as Mandla Ndlovu
- eKasi: Our Stories Seasons 1 and 4 as Richard/Khaya
- Like Father Like Son Season 1
Alcohol & Drug addiction
Gumede is an alcoholic and drug addict who has continually been fired for not turning up for shooting. His drunkenness has harmed his life and career, and Bongani has been caught on record misbehaving due to intoxication. Will rehab save him from himself?
Bongani Gumede Notable Deeds
- Being the Zulu dialogue coach for the 2006 feature film Catch a Fire, starring Tim Robbins.
- He played two separate characters in the fourth season of eKasi
- Gumede was nominated for the Golden Horn Award for Best Actor in a TV Soap.
- He has worked with showbiz giants such as Nomzamo Mbatha and Ayanda Ngubane.
Isono: The Sin
In Isono, Bongani Gumede portrays the character of Yanga. The storyline revolves around the life of a matriarch (Mary Ndlovu) who would go to any extent to serve her selfish needs. This thrilling series is filled with drama, deceit, bravery and suspense. Isono is BET’s first African original production which started airing in July 2020.
Bongani Gumede is active on Instagram just to let his fans keep track of his work. Lack of personal posts on his account reveals that his IG account is solely for entertainment purposes. He currently has 9.2k followers on Instagram. See some of his posts below;
What is Bongani Gumede’s net worth?
He started acting as a hobby because he lacked faith in showbiz’s ability to sustain a person. However, he later got serious with acting, but drug addiction caused hiccups in his career. As of 2020, Bongani Gumede has a network of US$120 000.