Steps, How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Being Scammed
The digitization of the world bring scammers to our doorsteps, two in five internet users have been scammed leaving victims with questions on how to retrieve money after being scammed.
Scammers thrive on ignorance and hunger to make quick money or quick jobs via internet. To date scammers have been feasting on old and desperate women looking for love on internet.
To date aged female European pensionaries have been scammed close to USD 3 million of life savings to African (mostly Nigerian) men in promise of love and affection.
35% of internet users have been scammed at one point or the other, either through fake job interviews, fake love, fake goods for sale, fake courier fees etc.
Losing hard earned money no matter the amount is stressing and sometimes fatal
Steps to retrieve and get back your money after being scammed
The following are tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed
Many scam victims’ blackout soon after realizing that they have been scammed. Have you been scammed? Worry not, read carefully and retrieve your money back.
- Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging applications (Instagram and WhatsApp or Facebook or Twitter).
- Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
- Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text).
- Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the “TRANSACTION ID NUMBER”.
- Go to any branch of the scam artist’s bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
- If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to Scammer’s Bank and copy your country’s Central Bank Fraud Desk to push the bank to act fast.
What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact.
How to retrieve your money after the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.