SA National Taxi Council says all taxis will load 100% and begin inter provincial operations from Monday

KwaZulu Natal Santaco taxi association and taxi owners are threatening to load full capacity on Monday or taxi shut down.

The SA National Taxi Council (SANTACO) says all taxi’s will begin loading 100 percent passengers from tomorrow.  They say this due to Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula postponing multiple meetings with the industry.

Earlier on the KwaZulu Natal based taxi association and taxi owners are threatened to load full capacity on Monday or taxi shut down. According to the current COVID-19 regulations, minibus taxis are only allowed to load passengers to 70% capacity.

The association says it has now resolved to load taxis to full capacity and it will hike fares from Monday.
Santaco in KZN rejected the R1 billion relief fund offered by the government and said is not enough to meet their basic needs.

“The situation is hard due to the virus we understand but the lockdown has taken too much time, we have families to feed and debts to pay. We will load to full capacity and hike fares to balance the equation,” said Siphelele Buthelezi a Durban Taxi Rank Manager.

SA taxi wars: Victims suspected to be most wanted criminals

 

Savannanews

Comments are closed.

Whatsapp News updates

 

For South Africa only, Click Here

 

 

For Zimbabwe Click here