- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs lemon
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat eggs and vanilla extract
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture. Pour in milk , lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until you achieve a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and take to the oven. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!