- Mixing bowl
- Cake tin
- Wooden spoon
- Parchment paper
- Cake stand
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour all purpose
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper butter the parchment and dust the pan with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Begin by mixing sugar and butter together. Whisk well until light and fluffy with a manual whisker or a fork. Once done, add the beaten eggs and blend well. Beat further so that the mixture turns white and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl combined. Beat 2 sticks of unsalted butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium until fluffy.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the top and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 45 minutes. The cake is cooked when it looks well risen and golden; the top should spring back when lightly touched with a fingertip. To test if the cake is cooked one can use a skewer insert it into the center of the cake it should come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven; let it sit for 5 minutes. Then let it cool completely on a wire rack before removing the cake from the pan.