Crumbled Sweet Potato Nuggets Recipe
These crunchy nuggets make a delicious snack. They are notthe same as sweet potato wedges. Its not just some trickery cutting of sweetpotato into a different size and starts calling them nuggets. It is foodscience and it is very important.print Pin
- 100 grams 4 red sweet potatoes Peeled and cut intofairly large chunks
- 15 ml olive oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 125 ml sunflower seeds toasted
- 60 ml grated Italian cheese or maturecheddar
- 60 ml sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 2 large baking sheets withnon stick spray and keep handy
- Putthe sweet potato chunks in a mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil over, season withsalt and pepper and mix through to coat well.
- Putthe sunflower seeds, cheese and sesame seeds in a food processor and pulseuntil fine
- Sprinklethe mixture over the sweet potato chunks and mix thoroughly so the crumbs stickto the sweet potatoes
- Arrangethe sweet potatoes in a baking sheet.
- Sprinkleany leftover crumbs on top and roast for 35 minutes or until the sweet potatonuggets are cooked through and slightly crunchy on the outside
- Sprinklethe coriander and cheese (if using) overthe nuggets and serve as a snack
Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1.6g | Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4.2g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 3mg