Connie Chiume is a renowned South African actress famous for her amiable and caring role as Mamokete Khuse on e.tv’s Rhythm City. The flair she possesses attracts a considerable following, and she never fails to deliver every time she appears on the small screen. She still pulls off glamorous looks, and with her youthful face, it’s shocking how she ages slowly. Read more in Connie Chiume Biography (Age, Husband, Children, Awards, Black Panther, TV Shows, Gomora).
Connie Chiume Biography
|Profession||Actress and Producer|
How does Connie Chiume’s career start?
In 1976, the actress graduated as a teacher executed her duties before resigning to pursue a different path. This sees her travelling to Israel and then Greece for cast performances.
It was during these travels that Connie discovered her craze for art and drama.
How many children does Connie Chiume have?
As she serves us ‘black doesn’t crack’ looks, it is hard to believe she has grown-up children.
The seasoned actress is a proud mother of four, and how she has managed to juggle motherhood and her career is mind-blowing.
Connie Chiume Filmography
- 2018: Black Panther as a mining Tribe Elder
- 2017: Thula’s Vine TV series as Nothando
- 2015: Lerato as a pastor
- 2013: Fanie Fourie’s Lobola as Zinzi
- 2005: Zone 14 TV series as Stella Moloi
- 2004: Masinyo Dot Q TV series as MA Mavuso
- 2004: In My Country as Virginia Tabata
- 2000: I Dreamed of Africa as Wanjiku
- 1999: Chikin Biznis … The Whole Story! As Thoko
- 1998: Terarztin Christine III: Abenteurer in Sudafrika TV movie
- 1994: The Line TV series as Rosie
- 1994: The Air Up There Mrs Urudu
- 1990: Warriors From Hell as Marita
- 1989: Inkom’ Edla Yodwa TV series as Tembi
Which TV roles has Connie Chiume taken on?
- 90 Plein Street as Speaker of House
- Easy Money as Gloria
- Grassroots as Gog’ Selina
- Gomora as MaSonto
- Home Affairs as Mrs Ntshinga
- Housekeepers as Maria Motsepe
- I Love South Africa as Contestant – Herself
- It’s Complicated as Mokete
- It’s Complicated as Bathobaile Mazinyo
- dot Q. as Ma Mavuso-September
- Rhythm City as Mamokete Khuse
- Ring of Lies as Dumi Tau
- ‘Sgudi ‘Snaysi as Salome
- Soul City as Martha Ngcobo
- Stokvel as Innocence Ledwaba
- Thula’s Vine as Nothando
- Yizo Yizo as Mrs Ralentswe
- Zone 14 as Stella Moloi
Does Connie Chiume have any awards?
Her unmatched acting dexterities have earned her fame as much as they have attracted several accolades. In 2009, Connie’s role as Stella Moloi on SABC1 landed her the Golden Horn award.
She also receives the award as a Best Supporting Actress in a Drama during the third South African Film and Television Awards (SAFTAs). In 2000, her spectacular appearance on SABC1 drama Soul City had earned Connie the Avanti award for Best Actress in a Drama Series.
What is Connie Chiume’s role on Gomora?
“Sonto is such a layered woman. One minute she’s praying, and the next, she’s in the back office counting money from hijacking profits. I thought people would hate her, or when they see me, they will act out, but instead, people are just fascinated. The thing is, she’s not pretending to be either of the sides people have seen; she’s both.”
Connie plays Sonto, a street-smart, strappingly religious, blunt ‘gogo’ from Alex. The love for finer things in life and unrealistic aspirations awaken a hard-core criminal in her, and eventually, she turns into a car hijacking consortium boss.
What is Connie Chiume’s net worth?
Having rubbed shoulder with renowned international artists, it is without a doubt that the actress has amassed a great deal of fortune.
From her movies and acting roles in local dramas, Connie is doing well for herself. Her net worth is a whopping $850 000, and she continues to serve as an inspiration to females in the industry.