This dish is not so popular because people are more used to chicken and chips. Today I thought of bringing you up a nice and easy recipe to try during this lockdown.
Carpetbagger steak and chips
- 60 grams butter
- 30 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bottle Lemon juice
- 1 bottle Worcester sauce
- 15 grams butter at room temperature
- 1 piece small onion ,finely chopped
- 1 slice Cutless slice of slightly stale white bread crumbled
- 10 grams Salt and pepper
- 6 steaks 6 steaks (±200g each, fillet sirloin, rump 6 steaks (±200g each, fillet sirloin, rump
- 125 grams blue cheese divided into 6 portions
- 250 grams streaky bacon
- 10 ml Oil Oil for rubbing
- 500 grams Chips Chips to serve
- 85 grams oysters
- Combine the ingredients for the butter well. Form of six balls and wrap in cling wrap. Chill in the fridge until cold and hard
- Heat the Butter in a pan and fry the onion and mushrooms until soft and browned. Add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the a pocket into the side of each steak. Divide the onion mixture into 6 portions and press one into each pocket along with the blue cheese and oysters. Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap the bacon rashers around each steak and secure with cocktail sticks or tie with a string
- Lightly rub oil over each steak heat a griddle pan until very hot and fry the steaks for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove cocktail sticks or string and to serve garnish steaks with springs of fresh oregano and serve hot with parsley the parsley butter as well as chips.