Scotch Eggs Recipe
- 6 eggs boiled aand Peeled
- 75 grams flour plain
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 450 g sausage meat
- 1 tspn thyme finely cchopped
- 1 tbspn fresh parsley finely chopped
- pinch salt table
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line baking tray with baking paper . Place the plain flour in a shallow bowl or plate and season with some salt. Boil 4 eggs
- Break the uncooked eggs in a bowl and beat lightly. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl and line up the bowls in a row.
- Add the sausage meat into a bowl and mix through the fresh thyme and parsley until evenly combined. Dust your hands with flour ,scoop out a large ball of sausage meat and flatten it.
- Peel the boiled eggs and set them aside to cool.
- Take the sausage meat and wrap the boiled eggs and smooth it making sure there are no gaps where the egg is peeking through. Dredge the sausage covered egg in the flour .
- Once all the eggs have their sausage blanket and their dusting of flour ,dip each in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place the finished egg on the lined baking sheet ,then repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Place the eggs in the oven and cook for 25 -30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crispy and the sausage is cooked