- 25 g butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 g lean minced beef
- 125 m demi glance
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 100 g spaghetti
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add butter once it has melted add the chopped onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes without color.
- Add the mince and cook until it has turned lightly brown. Then add the demi- glance, tomato puree. Simmer till tender.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Allow to boil gently and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Return to a clean saucepan with butter (optional).
- Then stir the spaghetti in the meat sauce until combined. Serve in hot bowls.