Here is a simple and easy recipe of gingerbread that kids love. It is a to die for recipe because it is dense but soft, moist and richly flavored ginger bread.print Pin
Servings: 6 people
- Mixing bowl
- 100 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- 225 g cake flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 75 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt margarine , sugar, golden syrup and treacle in a sauce pan.
- Do not stir and when cooked deglaze with milk.
- Mix dry ingredients flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and salt. Mix until there are combined.
- Fold into the baking loaf.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees. until the bread is lightly golden brown Leave in the tray for 10 minutes and then put the bread on a wire rack to cool. Serve!
You can replace half of the butter with qpplesauce it will still be delicious.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 150mg