The family of former Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa says they have not received any information pertaining to the discovery of the gun used to kill their son.
They walk up to the news that the police had found a gun that was used to kill Senzo in 2015.
News24 reported that the man accused of Senzo’s death had been found as well as the weapon involved in the murder.
The alleged murderer is currently serving a 30-year jail term for killing a taxi boss.
National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Lumka Mahanjana said a decision was not yet made whether to prosecute or not.
“Yes, I can confirm that the dockets in the Senzo Meyiwa case were received by end August 2020 and the NPA is currently finalising the decision,” Mahanjana said.
The family approached Afriforum in 2019 to get assistance on the matter but there haven’t been many positive developments since their engagement.
Senzo was killed in an attempted robbery that went wrong in Volsoorus in the presence of girlfriend Kelly Khumalo, her mother Ntombi, sister Zandi, Zandi’s boyfriend Longwe Twala, his friends Mthokozisi Twala and Tumelo Madlala, and their son, who was four years old at the time.
- Lasizwe’s John Vuli Gate Challenge Leaves Mzansi In Stitches
- David Rees returns to 7de Laan after two years
- Mr Eazi Biography, Real name, Girlfriend, Music, Empawa, Net worth
- King Monada Biography, Age, Real name, Music, Marriage, Cars, Net Worth
- Kate Miller Biography, Age, Net Worth, Coronavirus, Husband, Qualifications, Contacts
- Robbery: Shots fired at Centurion Mall
- Former acting SAPS commissioner Khomotso Phahlane officially fired after 3 years
- Oupa Manyisa leaves Sundowns, joins TTM
- #RIPMgijimi: Top 5 Mandla Mgijimi Sandane moments
Senzo Meyiwa’s family not aware of discovery of gun used to kill the soccer player