This is how much Ringo ‘Obed Baloyi’ earns on DiepCity
He has been making all sorts of headlines of late. In recent years he has become one of Mzansi’s finest. No doubt Obed Baloyi is winning big of late. Obed Baloyi is a celebrated South African actor best known for his on-screen character Prins in the SABC1 drama series Soul Buddyz in 2007.
However, it seems this was his thrust into the limelight. Since then, he has won several gigs, and his unmatched talent has made him relevant through the test of time. Currently, he is nailing his on-screen character of Ringo on SABC’s 2 drama series DiepCity.
The seasoned actor was born in 1970. However, in 1987 he made all sorts of headlines when he starred in several screenplays whilst still at school. A few years in 1996, he formed the Mangava Drama group. Mzansi witnessed his flair when he wrote Ga Mchangani, later staged at the Market Theatre Laboratory 7th Community Festival.
Baloyi’s play won an award after it was beamed at the Zwakala Festival at the Market Theatre. In 1999 he produced another stunner, Via Soweto, beamed at the Barney Simon Young Directors Festival.
How much does Ringo ‘Obed Baloyi’ earns on DiepCity?
From the theatre, he saw himself finding his feet in small screens. Since then, he has been featured on several series, which includes Yizo Yizo and Heartlines.
Since then, Baloyi has focused on television work, including appearances in the series Dube on Monday, Emzini Wezinsizwa, Yizo Yizo 3 and Heartlines. In the wake of these gigs, he was also a regular cast member of SABC1’s drama series A Place Called Home.
He played the character of Blues in 2008. In 2010-2013 he starred in the SABC2 sitcom Ga Re Dumele as Tsutsuma.
Here are some of the series he has starred in:
- A Place Called Home – Season 2
- eKasi: Our Stories – Season 6 – Sobantu
- Ga Re Dumele – Season 1-6 – Tsutsuma
- Giyani – Land of Blood – Season 1 – Hlengani Joseph Chavalala
- Heartlines – Season 1 – Captain Hlatswayo (Film: “Grace”)
- High Rollers – Season 2 – Khan
- Isibaya – Season 6 – Mkongwane
- Izoso Connexion – Season 1 – Chip Robber
- Majakathata – Season 2 – Dzunisani
- Mzee wa Two Six – Season 1 – Friend
- Nomzamo – Season 2-3 – Mzizi
- Scandal! – Ezra
- Sokhulu & Partners – Season 2- Sergeant
- Soul Buddyz – Season 2- Joe
- Soul Buddyz – Season 4 – Prins
- The Philanthropist – Season 1 – Native Man
- Yizo Yizo – Season 3 – Zwepe
However, his illustrious career has seen him being dupped as one of Mzansi’s fines. Of late, many questions have been asked in regards to Baloyi’s salaries. In recent years salaries of actors have been determined by role prominence, experience and time on scenes. For his Ringo character, Baloyi is paid around R60 000 per month.
- In Pictures: The Untold truth behind Dr Rebecca Malope’s children
- Natural Beauty: Uzalo actress Nothando Ngcobo ‘Hlelo’ photos without makeup set Mzansi on fire