Get to know South African multi-millionaire Shauwn Mkhize.
Shauwn Mkhize is best known as MaMkhize. She is a South African multi-millionaire and a business mogul. The famed multi-millionaire also doubles as an entrepreneur, philanthropist, television personality and socialite.
In recent years she has made all sorts of headlines, but this year she hogged the headlines after purchasing Bloemfontein Celtic for a whopping R50 million. However, off the field of play, Mkhize is perhaps best known for her Mzansi Magic reality TV show, Kwa Mam’Mkhize.
This year, she has created her signature in the DStv Premier league through her wild celebrations for Royal AM’s victories.
Below are ten things you perhaps didn’t know about South African multi-millionaire Shauwn’ MaMkhize’ Mkhize:
1. She was born and raised in the remote village of Umbumbulu in KwaZulu-Natal. She grew up under the care of her mother. However, her mother happens to be Florence Mkhize, who was an ANC veteran and anti-apartheid activist. She graduated with a Diploma in Accounting from the Durban University of Technology.
2. A few years later, she was married to Sbu Mpisane in 1999. However, the two later divorced in 2019. She has children from the marriage.
3 In 2020, she premiered her reality show Kwa Mam’ Mkhize which aired on Mzansi Magic. However, the show focused mainly on her family affairs and its bling. In the same year, she was awarded Best Reality TV Show at the 2020 Hollywood American Prestigious Awards.
4. Of interest, she was not on social media up until 2020. Her introduction on social media saw her gaining more than a million followers on Instagram. However, of late, her followers have named her “mother of the nation”. At the time of publishing, Mkhize has over 1.7 million Instagram followers.
5. No doubt she got the plug and the bling too. In October 2020 scored big when she was nominated for Socialite of the Year and Fag Hag of the Year at the Feather Awards.
2020 was Shauwn Mkhize year
6. Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing. Despite Mkhize extravagant lifestyle, she is humble. Her philanthropic efforts mainly target women and children in and around KwaZulu-Natal.
The 2020 Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards recognised her efforts and strides in business and philanthropy and awarded her the Woman of the Year award.
7. In March 2021, she made all sorts of headlines when she starred on SABC 1’s drama series Uzalo. She debuted as a mysterious, wealthy woman who concludes the purchase of the Kwa Mashu Kingdom Church.
8. In April 2021, she collaborated with SABC 1’s Expressions and the Department of Correctional Services for labour to build 20 houses for the underprivileged with the help of prison inmates.
9. Mkhize has had several run-ins with the law during her career. However, she was accused of corruption and convicted of fraud and, at one point, reportedly owed the South African Revenue Service (SARS) over R200 million.
10. In mid-2021, Mkhize purchased PSL side Bloemfontein Celtic for a reported R50 million, renamed the side Royal AM and relocated the club to KwaZulu-Natal.