Connie Chiume is a South African actress who plays Mam’Sonto on the Mzansi Magic soapie, Gomora. Connie has won hearts over with her sterling “Thati my baby” performance as gangster shebeen queen. Here are a few interesting facts about Gomora’s Connie Chiume.
Interesting facts about Gomora’s Mam’Sonto
1. Connie Chiume has been on our screens for four decades. Her acting career began in 1977 in theatre performances. Her most prominent roles have been Stella Moloi on Zone 14 and Mamokete Khuse on Rhythm City. The actress has appeared in Home Affairs, Khululeka (Seasons 1-3), Yizo Yizo 3, Soul City, Housekeepers and Generations among others.
2. Mam’ Sonto featured in the international box office topper, Black Panther. In case you missed her, time to watch the movie all over again!
2. Connie is a mother of three. Two sons and a daughter. Her daughter featured on The Queen as a girl that Vuyiswa bumped into when she went to go get tested following her rape. The young actress is set on taking after her mother’s steps as an actress. She is also a musician, “rapper from the East” as she terms herself. Connie has shown nothing but support for her daughter. True to her Gomora character as Mam’ Sonto, Connie Chiume is also a loving grandmother!
3. Gomora’s Mam’Sonto is now an Influencer. A whole influencer! The actress has 62k followers on Instagram and has partnered with various brands, including Standard Bank.
4. The Gomora actress is also a fashion lover! Always one to get a face beat and to make sure she has the finest locally designed dresses for events. Connie Chiume is quite a stylish queen!
5. Not only is she a mother on screen but she has taken to mothering younger generations in the industry by investing in them. Connie Chiume hosts acting workshops to help groom younger actors.
What a queen!